Office 365 Reporting Tool
Having Trouble Managing Your Office 365 Account?
Office 365 Reporting Tool
Your Office 365 license is critical for ensuring productivity for your business, but how can you be certain that your company is making the most out of the licenses they have when overspending on software is so common? Take control of your Office 365 licenses with MetrixData 360’s in-house solution to identify waste and overspend in your Office 365 Subscriptions with our Office 365 Reporting Tool.
What Does the Office 365 Reporting Tool Do?
Our Office 365 Reporting Tool provides you with a comprehensive report that allows us to point out areas of waste and areas of overspending. One advantage of using our tool is that we do not interact with your software environment at all, you simply provide us with key usage reports from your Office 365 Admin Portal and we upload it into our tool. We’ll be able to tell you how many users have been assigned a license, the last time they used their account, how many blocked users you have, Service Account users, and what the total cost for each product is for your company. In this way, we can provide you with useful feedback on where you can cut costs and where your company is experiencing great value.
- Massive Savings Potential for your Office 365 Budget: Typically, we have found that customers who enter into an engagement with us have roughly 30% of their Office 365 environment comprised of wasted or underutilized resources.
- Detecting Multiple Subscriptions: Multiple subscriptions for Office 365 can be accidentally repurchased over time, especially when you have automation in place to manage (assign/unassign) your company’s subscriptions. This can prove to be a quiet drain on the IT budget.
- Detecting Blocked Users Assigned Licenses: Sometimes having a blocked user with a subscription assigned is intentional, but other times the customer is unaware that these blocked accounts are consuming licenses and costing them money. Reducing the number of licenses for blocked users can prove to be a useful cost saving tactic.
- Detecting Last Usage: If an account has not been active in 90 days or longer, it usually means one of two things: either the account has been retired (or at least attempted to be) or it simply belongs to a user who doesn’t need the subscription. Either cases justify the removal of the license.
- Data Knowledge for Negotiations: Having a strong understanding of the software and its usage in your environment will let you know exactly what you need and don’t need in your next software contract negotiation with Microsoft.
One Time Service
In this one-time service engagement, you will send us your reports and you will receive a report on your current Office 365 status and an analysis of your report by one of our top license specialists, where we will identify areas of cost savings opportunities for you. This will be conveyed through a one-hour workshop. You will also be granted 30 days access to our customer portal.
With an annual subscription you will be given the opportunity upload your Office 365 data and view the resulting report as frequently as you desire (e.g. quarterly, monthly, weekly, daily). We will provide you with reviews and feedback monthly from our specialists in order to ensure you perpetual optimization and cost cutting recommendations. The report also includes trend charts which will further validate cost control measures.
Additional Services: Active Directory Review
If you are interested in purchasing the Office 365 Reporting tool, you may also find the Active Directory Review equally as helpful as it will provide you with additional visibility for identifying and validating subscription requirements.
- Easy Identification of Accounts
- Aligns Profiles in your Enterprise Agreement based on the attributes of your AD
- Identify O365 Subscriptions Belonging to Non-Existent Users and Users who don’t have an O365 license but are in the Active Directory